Using LiveSend and real-time analytics for sales enablement in Seismic
Published on March 24, 2022 by Romona Chakravarty
Growth of the marketing technology (martech) landscape over the past 10 years can only be described as exponential. There were fewer than 150 platforms in 2010, but today, we have access to more than 8,000 platforms, and the number is growing. Sales enablement, one area of the martech landscape, is one of the fastest-growing initiatives for senior marketers. It has gained significant popularity recently, with its adoption increasing 343% in the past five years.
This significant growth can only be attributed to the increasing importance of integration, pushing business strategy to now focus on the necessity of aligning sales and marketing, and sales enablement. This is where Seismic comes in.
Seismic is a sales enablement tool used by marketing and sales teams in the content-creation process. It provides access to the tools needed to secure and close business. Marketing teams are able to create, automate and distribute content from one central location, and sales teams are able to gain access to this content they can then tailor within a few moments to the deals they are working on. Seismic has a variety of functionalities which that make the everyday tasks of marketing and sales much simpler; LiveSend and real-time analytics are two such functionalities that are very effective.
What is LiveSend?
LiveSend enables sales and marketing teams to send content and receive notifications, all with clear reporting that shows how the recipients interacted with the shared content and how long they spent reading the document and provides a precise breakdown of which pages were read and how long they were read for. All these data points can help drive insight and contribute to the production of effective content.
For example, if there is a file (referred to as a collateral document) that needs to be shared with a client, or a prospective client, all that needs to be done is to build an email template in .html format (which can also be customised), attach the file and hit Send. When the client opens the document, the sales and marketing teams are notified as to which client opened the document, which page was viewed and how long it was viewed for. All of this is facilitated by Seismic is tandem with real-time content analytics.
What is real-time content analytics?
The content analytics feature provides real-time analytics of how sales and marketing teams interact with content and what works well and drives revenue. It also provides an analysis of the gaps in content, connecting content work to outcomes.
In other words, content analytics tracks documents sent to clients and monitors the hit rate for such documents. It provides statistics on which document was viewed, for how it was viewed and how many people viewed it. It provides a content usage history in the form of a dashboard that enables sales and marketing teams to assess the kind of attention their collateral documents receive. They could also download reports of user activity from Seismic, enabling them to determine whether those people viewing the documents are genuinely interested in them or whether they should be removed from the distribution list.
Key benefits of using LiveSend and real-time analytics in Seismic:
- New and improved real-time content analytics: Updated marketing analytics with the simple drag-and-drop feature helps marketers gain a more holistic view of the content and understand what is most effective in the field, enabling them to create valuable content in an informed environment.
- Effective content-creation tools: The intuitive tasks and workflow features help marketers to quickly and effectively deliver content by creating team and individual tasks.
- LiveSend for increased engagement: LiveSend notifies sales teams when a prospective client views content and for how long a page was viewed for. It provides visibility on interaction with content, generating important information for follow-up conversations and insight on what content is most effective.
- Insights for a greater impact: Revenue leaders require actionable content analytics to gauge progress against key objectives that they then use to accurately forecast, plan and execute growth strategies. They functionalities of LiveSend and content analytics provide them with such data-backed insights.
- Collaborating with stakeholders: When a sales enablement team is well aligned with the strategic goals of revenue leaders, they are better equipped to collaborate with stakeholders across the business to influence revenue growth from pre-sales to post-sales.
How Acuity Knowledge Partners can help with sales enablement
Acuity Knowledge Partners is a leading provider of bespoke research, analytics, staffing and technology solutions to the financial services sector. We have nearly two decades of transformation experience in servicing over 400 financial institutions and consulting companies through our specialist workforce of over 4,000 analysts and delivery experts across our global delivery network. We provide our clients with unique assistance not only to innovate, implement transformation programmes and increase operational efficiency, but also to manage costs and improve their top lines. Through the use of the LiveSend and real-time analytics features in Seismic, a platform we use often to engage with our clients, we can provide more visibility and information on how users interact with content, capture analytics on which content is used most frequently and provide more insight on what material will be most effective for attracting clients.
About the Author
Romona Chakravarty has 6 years of experience in soft skills training and content creation for a wide range of industries. As a Senior Associate at Acuity, Romona works with the Editorial team on the production and distribution of investment commentaries for a global asset management client. She offers both qualitative and quantitative insights in the entire delivery process, and is also instrumental in mentoring the newer team members. Romona’s interpersonal skills allow her to work with different professionals, enabling her to gather nuanced insights based on their experience and knowledge. This helps in adding newer and more innovative ideas in the entire production process, resulting in greater efficiency and uniformity.
Originally published at https://www.acuitykp.com.